Commercial Contracts are the lifeline of all businesses. Whether it is through signing up Distributors or Channel Partners or Resellers OR by executing Master Services Agreements (either as a Customer or as a Service Provider), businesses constantly need well structured contracts to help them expand into new markets. When drafted well, Contracts are also tools by which businesses can secure their revenue streams and monitor significant expenditure.
We regularly assist both startups as well as large multinational companies, in structuring different kinds of commercial contracts. Irrespective of who the client is or what their business is, the underlying objective remains the same- To help Clients seize commercial opportunities, while protecting them from potential downsides.
Our role as truly “commercial” attorneys is to recognize the commercial rights and obligations desired by our clients, and accordingly reflect the commercial understanding through legally enforceable contractual provisions.
The process of recognition entails our attorneys doing intensive background research on the industry practice(s) adopted in our clients’ industries and the regulatory environment within which our clients operate.
The process of reflection entails our attorneys (a) applying their understanding of the law of contracts to a given commercial scenario; (b) learning from structuring similar contracts for other clients; and (c) analysing applicable judicial precedents. A well structured contract will contain all of above ingredients!, We are called upon by clients to structure, draft and negotiate the following kinds of contracts:
- Master Services Agreements (representing either the Customer or the Service Provider)
- Agency Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Distributor Agreements
- Reseller Agreements
- Channel Partner Agreements
- Technical Collaboration Agreements
- Teaming Agreements
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Privacy Policies
- Industry-specific contracts for Clients operating in the Industries that we serve.
- Represented a leading banking-tech platform in structuring multiple strategic partnerships, including agreements signed with a leading global benefits and rewards solutions provider to digitize employee benefits and corporate gifting solutions.
- Represented a team communication app and an online collaboration platform in structuring various commercial partnerships, including reseller agreements with service providers in Europe and the US, and on an agreement signed with a leading global Internet domain registrar and web hosting company.
- Represented India’s leading remote patient monitoring solutions provider in structuring master services agreements executed with various hospitals, B2B partners, resellers both in India and outside India.