We guide Clients on various legal elements of their business strategy at various stages in their organizational lifecycle. Very often, Clients approach us to advise on the most suitable entity, bearing in mind the commercial, regulatory and tax environment within which they operate.
For overseas businesses looking to establish a business presence in India, we advise Clients on India’s Foreign Direct Investment policy and various regulations pertaining to the inflow and outflow of Foreign Exchange.
We advise Clients on different corporate law issues, including the following:
- Incorporation of limited liability partnerships, private limited companies, public limited companies and formation of companies with charitable objects (commonly referred to as Section 8 companies)
- Fundraising routes permitted under the Companies Act, 2013 (including Private Placement of Securities, Rights Issues and Preferential Allotment of Securities)
- Structuring of Joint Venture Agreements
- Structuring of Mergers and Acquisitions transactions
- Structuring of corporate governance policies (including policies on conduct of board and shareholder meetings, appointment and removal of directors, provision of information rights etc.)
- Protection of rights of minority shareholders
- Fiduciary duties and liabilities of Directors
- Rights, duties and liabilities of Designated Partners of a Limited Liability Partnership
- Issuance of Sweat Equity Shares and Employee Stock Options
- Appointment and Remuneration of Auditors and Managerial Personnel
- Maintenance of statutory registers mandated by the Companies Act, 2013
- Structuring of Related Party Transactions
- Modes of Winding Up of Companies