For the last few years, the Indian economy has consistently been ranked as one of the world’s fastest growing economies. Foreign Investors require a clear understanding of India’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy as well as her Foreign Trade Policy. We advise Clients on:
- Entry Routes for FDI
- Sector-specific conditions applicable to receipt of FDI
- Instruments permitted to be issued to Foreign Investors
- Downstream investments by eligible Indian entities
- Filings to be made with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Applications to be made to RBI for specific scenarios (such as delay in making certain form filings, compounding of offences etc.)
- Applicability of the Foreign Trade Policy to exports and imports of particular goods and services
- The Indian Trade Classification (Harmonised System) [ITC (HS)] of Exports and Imports
- Importer-Exporter Code
- Mandatory Documents for Export/Import of Goods from/into India
- Compliance and filing requirements outlined in the Foreign Trade Policy
- Advised numerous Indian startups and venture capital investors on applicability of relevant regulations of the Foreign Exchange Management Act and the FDI Policy, during the structuring of venture capital investments and mergers & acquisitions transactions.
- Advised a D2C Beauty Brand Manufacturer on various packaging and labeling regulations stipulated under Indian Laws with regard to repackaging of imported cosmetic products. We also assisted the Client in obtaining an Importer-Exporter Certificate from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade.