GLA has been a very active service provider participant in the angel, seed and venture financing ecosystem in India from the time of the firm’s inception.
Over the years, we have developed deep working relationships with all key players who shape the ecosystem, including angel investors, venture capital firms, early stage startups, entrepreneurs, incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces.
The networks that we’ve built have also given us a nuanced understanding of the investment environment, industry trends and the unique legal requirements of various market participants. We have been instructed in equal measure by both investors and investee companies to advise them on a plethora of early and growth stage financing transactions.
How do we assist Clients on Transactions?
- We represent Promoters or Investors on Term Sheet Negotiations
- We conduct extensive legal due diligence exercises on investee companies, on behalf of angel investors, venture capital firms, impact investment firms, and sector-specific investment firms focused on the sports and gaming sectors
- We address any issues that may arise during a due diligence process. This can include us reviewing a startup’s compliance with employment laws and company law, helping a startup draft commercial contracts desired by investors, or assisting a startup in protecting and monetizing its intellectual property assets
- We advise Clients on the different types of shares and convertible instruments that are permitted to be issued under Indian law
- We assist Promoters or Investors in structuring, drafting and negotiating investment agreements, shareholder agreements and other definitive documentation in a funding round
- Represented India’s leading remote patient monitoring solutions provider on multiple fundraise transactions from marquee venture capital investors. Our Team assisted in drafting and reviewing their transaction documentation, as well as in the negotiation of the documentation with multiple investors and their legal counsel, and provision of closing assistance to the Company and its Promoters.
- Represented a leading UK-headquarted impact-first investment fund that supports early stage impact-focused enterprises operating in India on its investments in an edtech startup and an agritech startup in India- Our support spanned the entire lifecysle of the transactions from due diligence to drafting of documentation and negotiation, and closing assistance.
- Representing a seed stage investment fund on various portfolio investments, including on multiple rounds of funding in a spacetech startup, electric mobility startup, a scooter rental startup and in cloud computing startups.